Chocolate Brownies are a popular American treat, and this recipe is a quick remedy for a sweet desire! The rich chocolate taste, silky texture, and walnuts all work together to produce the ideal brownie experience!
Homemade chocolate walnut brownies
Nowadays, there are some very good box brownie mixes available, so there had better be a rather noticeable difference to warrant going through the hassle of making them from scratch.
Well, these puppies are a whole lot better than the ones that come in boxes. They are also quick and simple to put together.
I don’t know about you, but I believe that right now we are in dire need of a decadent chocolate dessert, and this dish is ideal for this weekend. There are enough devilishly delicious, flawlessly textured Classic Fudge Walnut Brownies to fill one small baking dish!
What you need to make these heavenly chocolate walnut brownies
These chocolate walnut brownies have intense chocolate flavors that are not overwhelming. The simple ingredients are combined to make the best chocolate brownies you’ll ever make!
- All-purpose flour – for this recipe, you’ll need 1 cup of flour, which equals 128 grams by weight, or one cup by the spoon and level method of measuring.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – is the secret ingredient that makes these chocolate walnut brownies so decadent.
- Baking powder – boosts the brownies’ rise and airiness.
- Salt – this reduces the sweetness and highlights the chocolaty undertones.
- Room temperature Butter – Into chunks, cut the butter. It will reach room temperature considerably more quickly. First, determine the quantity of butter required, and then unwrap it. Cut the sticks into small slices or chunks, and the butter will melt in approximately 10 minutes.
- Sugar – gives these chocolate walnut brownies the right amount of sweetness and chewy richness.
- Eggs – the eggs need to be at room temperature so that they can incorporate easily with the other ingredients and bake evenly throughout the pan of brownies.
- Chopped walnuts – you can buy a bag of chopped walnuts or cut whole walnut halves into smaller pieces yourself. You can add more or fewer walnuts, depending on your taste.
To make this recipe gluten-free (you should use these ingredients instead):
Gluten-free flour (use store-bought or homemade). White Wings All Purpose Gluten Free flour is perfect to use for a variety of cooking and also amazing for baking.
To make a homemade gluten-free flour blend, you can mix 2 c. white rice flour with 2/3 c. potato starch flour and 1/3 c. tapioca flour. You can store this for up to a year in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Cocoa powder is also naturally gluten-free as it has only one ingredient which is unsweetened cocoa. Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder is a well-known gluten-free brand.
Nuts are naturally gluten-free, but be careful when using flavored nuts.
Pure sugar is gluten-free but always make sure to check the label and ensure that sugar is stored separately from flour that can potentially cross-contaminate.
Baking powder in nature is gluten-free. Although, some brands might add starch so make sure to check the label. Or you can make you own by combining 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cream of tartar, and 1 tsp cornstarch to make 1 tbsp of gluten-free baking powder.
Recipe for homemade Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Start this recipe by sifting the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture, beating well until incorporated. Finally, mix the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture. Fold in the walnuts. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes at a preheated 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven until the brownie starts pulling away from the sides of the pan. Before serving, cut the brownie into squares.
Treat yourself to the best brownie and enjoy this warm with a big scoop of ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream. Or serve these decadent treat straight out of the pan!
My name is Natasha and I am the owner of nodashofgluten.com, a blog dedicated to all kinds of recipes. On my website, you can find classic dishes, vegetarian delights, creative snacks, Gluten-free recipes, and desserts – all proving that cooking isn’t as hard as it seems! With easy-to-follow instructions and tips on how to make your meals even better, I strive to help everyone become master chefs in their own kitchen. Come join me at nodashofgluten.com for some delicious fun!