With Thanksgiving right around the corner, you’re probably trying to get your shopping and guest lists both in order. And- if you’re looking for some great gluten free side dishes for Thanksgiving – this is the post for you.
For three years in a row, I’ve made a completely gluten free, dairy free Thanksgiving feast for me and my family. The first year, I actually made two Thanksgiving dinners: one completely paleo-approved, and the second, a more traditional – for our guests. The amazing part? Our guests wanted seconds, thirds, and fourths. Of the Paleo Thanksgiving.
Gluten Free Side Dishes For Thanksgiving
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC Associates and RewardStyle affiliate, we may earn a small commission for any purchases made through affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer and disclosure statement for full details.
Complete Your Holiday Table Look
Thanksgiving Soups and Salads
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup (The Aussie Home Cook): This hearty pumpkin and sweet potato soup is comforting and packed with flavor. With roast pumpkin and sweet potato, it’s budget-friendly and simple to make.
- Thanksgiving Salad with Beet, Pear, and Apple Cider Vinaigrette (She Keeps a Lovely Home): This roasted beet and pear Thanksgiving salad is sprinkled with feta, cranberries, crushed walnuts and thinly sliced shallots. It’s also drizzled with a sensational sesame apple cider vinaigrette! A perfectly seasonal and colorful salad recipe for Thanksgiving!
Gluten Free Dinner Rolls and Cornbread Recipes
- Easy Gluten Free Cornbread (Dish by Dish): This easy skillet cornbread comes out perfect every single time with a gorgeous golden crust. Gluten-free and dairy-free too.
- Gluten Free Crescent Rolls (This Vivacious Life): Gluten-free crescent rolls that are literally the BEST you have ever tasted! Thanks to a special blend of gluten-free flour, they are flaky, fluffy and so delicious. Nobody would ever know they are gluten-free!
- Gluten Free Biscuits (Eating on a Dime): Finding the perfect recipe for gluten free biscuits can be difficult. Not anymore! These simple gluten free drop biscuits will be your new go-to recipe! No one will even miss the gluten.
- Gluten Free Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread (Eating on a Dime): You have to try this amazing Gluten Free Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread recipe. It has become a staple side dish when we serve some of our favorite fall soups. It is so easy to make and the best part is that it is gluten free!
Roasted Carrots and Squash
- Garlic and Thyme Roasted Butternut Squash (Fearless Dining): If you love to serve winter squash over the holidays, this roasted Butternut Squash is a great side dish to try!
- Balsamic Glazed Carrots with Carrot Top Chimichurri (Midwestern Home Life): Balsamic Glazed Carrots with Carrot Top Chimichurri is an easy and beautiful holiday side dish that starts with carrots with tops you’ll use two ways. The roasted carrots sizzle away in a cinnamon maple balsamic glaze (with a tiny kick of heat!) and the tops get whizzed up in a bright and tangy chimichurri.
- Roasted Acorn Squash (Belle of the Kitchen): This Roasted Acorn Squash is a beautiful and delicious side dish. Sliced acorn squash is oven roasted in a sweet and spicy buttery sauce, then topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, pomegranate arils, and orange zest for a holiday table showstopper!
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots (Butter Your Biscuit): Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots are delicious, tender, and tossed in a sweet honey garlic butter sauce. This is a perfect side dish to your holiday meal.
Holiday Potato Recipes
- Whole30 Mashed Potatoes (Aubrey’s Kitchen): These delicious and creamy whole30 mashed potatoes are made with almond milk and ghee. Choose from two easy cooking methods, microwave or boiling, and make these mashed potatoes with or without skin.
- Maple Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes (The Healthy Epicurean): These five ingredient maple cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes are perfectly fluffy and slightly sweet with loads of nutrition. They’re easy to whip up and make the perfect side dish for any meal.
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes (Dish by Dish): These easy scalloped potatoes are baked till tender in a creamy sauce packed with flavor. Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad (It’s Not Complicated): This gluten free and vegan dish is a perfect option to add to your Thanksgiving meal!
Gluten Free (And Some Dairy Free) Stuffing Recipes
- Traditional Gluten Free Stuffing with Fresh Herbs (Fearless Dining): This traditional gluten free stuffing makes a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving meal. It is quick and easy to make ahead as well.
- Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing (Debra Klein): Cornbread stuffing is a must have Thanksgiving side dish. This delicious recipe is equal parts salty, savory, sweet and herby for a flavorful and moist gluten-free vegan stuffing that’s soft underneath and crispy on top.
- Keto Sausage Stuffing (Joy Filled Eats): Gluten-free Sausage Stuffing is made with homemade bread, sausage, cauliflower, shallots, and fresh herbs. You no longer have to turn down this delicious Thanksgiving side dish!
- Cauliflower Stuffing (Here to Cook): This keto cauliflower stuffing recipe is a healthy replacement for your traditional stuffing with a variety of textures and tones of deliciousness. It’s a gluten-free low carb comfort food that your family and friends will genuinely love!
Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole Recipes
- Keto Green Bean Casserole with Bacon (Cassidy’s Craveable Creations): This healthy Keto Green Bean Casserole With Bacon is fresh, creamy, and delicious with a crispy topping and full of flavor. It features tender green beans in a homemade cream of mushroom sauce topped with crispy french fried onions or a simple seasoned almond flour blend. Plus, it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and can be made paleo and whole30-compliant!
- Instant Pot Green Beans (Monday is Meatloaf): Instant Pot Green Beans are a quick and easy side dish that is perfect for any holiday or special occasion. This recipe is a dump and start recipe that can be made in a few minutes. Get the taste of Southern-style green beans with healthier ingredients!
Gluten Free Ham and TurkeyJoin GoodChop.com today to get $100 OFF high-quality American meat and seafood. Free shipping included!
Take the stress out of holiday grocery shopping and have quality meat and seafood shipped straight to your door with Good Chops!
- Keto Glazed Ham (Low Carb Yum): This gluten-free and Keto Glazed Ham is sure to impress your guests for Thanksgiving and holiday feasts.
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs (Gluten Free Supper ): Super simple way to prepare your turkey! Especially if your dinner party is a bit smaller this year!
Gluten Free Desserts for Thanksgiving
Looking for a no-bake option? Order these vegan, gluten free scones from Seven Sisters Scones. They’re baked the same day they’re shipped for ultimate freshness!
- Mini Pumpkin Pies with Gingersnap Crust (Midwestern Home Life): These mini pumpkin pies with gingersnap crusts are dairy-free, gluten-free, and taste like fall. The creamy pumpkin pie filling is made with simple ingredients; pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, and warm spices – layered over a 3-ingredient gingersnap cookie crust for a super easy Thanksgiving dessert everyone will have room for.
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins (Go Healthy with Bea): These gluten free, pumpkin muffins are super easy to make, and so delicious that nobody will know they are gluten free. Have these for dessert, or start your morning off with a pre-Thanksgiving dinner breakfast of muffins and coffee!
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Gluten Free and Vegan (Living Beyond Allergies): Easy and delicious pumpkin pie that is gluten free and vegan! Silky, rich, and packed full of flavor, this homemade pie tastes amazing!
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread (ifoodreal): Full of fall flavor, Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread is naturally gluten free, oil free and contains no refined sugars. Moist and fluffy, everyone will love this pumpkin treat!
Other Notable Side Dishes:
- Low Carb and Paleo Cranberry Sauce with Apple (Paleo Low Carb Kate): This tastes absolutely amazing and also has no added refined-sugar. It is one of those recipes that everyone in the family will LOVE, including those with food sensitivities.
- Pumpkin Pear Salad (Natalie’s Health ): This Pumpkin Pear Salad is absolutely delicious. Savory, with a touch of sweetness, packed with seasonal flavors. It’s tasty and healthy.
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn (Glenda Embree): Slow Cooker Creamed Corn has the beautiful sweetness of fresh or frozen sweet corn and a creamy delicious cream cheese sauce. This scrumptious side dish delivers on family-dinner-style flavor and only takes minutes to prep for the slow cooker.
- Succotash (Gypsy Plate): Sufferin’ Succotash? Not quite! This pretty platter is packed with the perfect combination of sweet, savory and tangy flavors. Enjoy this classic side for the holidays or any time of year!
- Vegan Butternut Squash Mac’n’Cheese (Strength & Sunshine): An amazing side dish ANY time of year!
Natasha is a wife, #boymom, writer, NASM-Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Autoimmune Holistic Nutritionist, & Behavior Change Specialist. Living with EoE, gluten & dairy are two foods she needs to avoid, so she’s made it her mission to find simple, yet tasty alternatives. When she’s not watching her son play baseball, she can be found writing, Googling her parenting decisions, and drinking all the coffee.