Cinnamon Apple Cake: Soft and tender Apple cake made from scratch! This cake is loaded with fresh apples and features an impressive crunchy topping with drizzles of sweet frosting.
Apple and cinnamon are a perfect combination! This tender cake gives us the perfect combo of apple and cinnamon. Who would not enjoy a soft and sweet cake chock-full of fresh, juicy apples? To top it all off, this cake has been dusted with sugary cinnamon and drizzled with a simple sweet milk glaze. Simply phenomenal!
I always have a soft spot for anything cinnamon and apple. I have made a few desserts flavored with cinnamon and apple, yet nothing compares to this cake! It’s a winning recipe that anyone can whip up easily and quickly!
Cinnamon Apple Cake
After taking a slice of this delicate, fluffy beauty, I started pumping my fist in the air. After several botched Apple Cinnamon Cakes, I knew this one was the one. Of course, I had to eat a few more slices to be absolutely certain! Or I was just making an excuse to devour the entire cake by myself?
What You Need To Make This Cinnamon Apple Cake:
Apple Cake Ingredients:
- Plain flour or all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Caster sugar or granulated sugar
- Red apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Greek yogurt
Cinnamon Topping Ingredients:
- Caster sugar or granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
Sugar Glaze Ingredients:
- Icing sugar or powdered sugar
To make this recipe gluten-free (you should use these ingredients instead):
- Use gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
- Use pure vanilla extract.
- Use Total Greek yogurt. Always read the label for any additives unsafe for a gluten-free diet.
An absolute, fool-proof Cinnamon Apple Cake.
- Set aside your electric mixer, all you need to whip up this cake is a bowl and a spoon.
- You are welcome to use any kind of apple you prefer. I love the Royal Gala apples. Peel and chop the apples into roughly half-inch squares.
- When mixing the dry and wet ingredients, make sure not to over-mix.
- Sugar and cinnamon made up the crumble. Combine them with melted butter until it clumps like sand. Finally, sprinkle this on top of the cake batter.
- To test whether the cake is done, use a skewer. Once it comes out clean and the cake is golden, your cake is perfect!
- Right before serving, drizzle the cake with the sweet sugar glaze for that extra layer of goodness!
Steps To Make Cinnamon Apple Cake
Step 1: Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the chopped apple, then briefly stir.
Step 2: Lightly whisk the eggs, vanilla, oil, and yogurt.
Step 3: Mix the wet ingredients with the dry until just combined.
Step 4: Into the greased and lined cake pan, spoon the batter.
Step 5: For the cinnamon topping, mix the cinnamon, sugar, and butter. Mix until wet and lumpy, then sprinkle on the cake batter.
Step 6: Bake at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) if using standard or at 160 degrees C (320 degrees F) in fan forced oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
Step 7: While the cake is baking, mix the sugar and milk until smooth to make the glaze. Add extra milk to thin out the glaze.
Step 8: Over the cake, drizzle the glaze.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make sure my cake is soft, moist, and never dry?
After a few failures, I realized that oil with a little less flour and the addition of yogurt guaranteed a moist and soft cake.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes! Let it cool completely, then wrap it in two layers of plastic wrap before wrapping it in a layer of foil. Keep this in a zip-top freezer bag and freeze it for up to 12 months. Thaw and serve at room temperature.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, EASY RECIPES:
- Easy Cheesy Beef Mexican Rice Recipe
- The Best Warm Crack Dip Recipe
- Delicious One Pot Mushroom Chicken and Rice
My name is Natasha and I am the owner of nodashofgluten.com, a blog dedicated to all kinds of recipes. On my website, you can find classic dishes, vegetarian delights, creative snacks, Gluten-free recipes, and desserts – all proving that cooking isn’t as hard as it seems! With easy-to-follow instructions and tips on how to make your meals even better, I strive to help everyone become master chefs in their own kitchen. Come join me at nodashofgluten.com for some delicious fun!