Garbage Bread Recipe – Savor the indulgent flavors of our Garbage Bread Recipe, a culinary masterpiece blending ground beef, bacon, hamburger seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Velveeta, cheddar cheese, and pizza dough, crowned with everything bagel seasoning. Ideal for gatherings or a cozy night in!
Growing up, my family had a tradition of creating something delicious from leftovers, which we fondly called “Garbage Bread.” It was the highlight of our weekend family gatherings, especially during game nights. My mom would gather various ingredients – leftover ground beef, bits of bacon, and whatever cheese was in the fridge. She would roll these up in a pizza dough, creating a magical, cheesy concoction that had us all eagerly waiting by the oven. Every bite of this bread takes me back to those joyful family moments, filled with laughter and the comforting aroma of baking bread.
What makes this Garbage Bread Recipe truly stand out?
- Comfort Food Delight: Packed with familiar cheeseburger ingredients, it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- Quick & Easy: With a prep and cook time totaling just 25 minutes, it’s perfect for busy days.
- Versatile: Ideal for various occasions, from game days to family dinners.
- Customizable: Easily adaptable with different fillings to suit everyone’s taste.
What You Need To Make This Garbage Bread Recipe?
The Garbage Bread Recipe is a creative way to enjoy your favorite flavors! Here are some notes:
- Ground Beef: Use lean ground beef for less grease.
- Bacon: Crispy, cooked bacon adds a smoky flavor.
- Hamburger Seasoning: McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning enhances the meaty taste.
- Worcestershire Sauce: A splash adds a unique tang.
- Cheeses: Velveeta for creaminess and cheddar for sharpness.
- Pizza Dough: The ready-to-use can make it convenient and time-saving.
Steps To Make Garbage Bread Recipe:
The Garbage Bread Recipe is a simple yet delicious way to bring a twist to your regular meals.
- Start by preheating your oven to 425ºF and preparing a baking sheet. This ensures an even cooking environment.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet. This step is crucial for developing the base flavor.
- Combine the cooked beef with bacon, seasoning, sauce, and Velveeta in a bowl. This melding of flavors is what makes the bread so irresistible.
- Roll out the pizza dough and evenly spread the meat mixture. This forms the core of your bread.
- Carefully roll the dough, jelly-roll style, sealing the edges. This technique ensures the filling stays intact while baking.
- Place the loaf on the baking sheet, seam-side down, and sprinkle with seasoning for extra flavor.
- Bake until golden brown. The baking time is perfect for achieving that desirable crispy crust and melty interior.
For storing your Garbage Bread, you have several options:
- Refrigerate: Wrapped in foil or an airtight container, it stays fresh for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: For longer storage, wrap it tightly and freeze. It can last up to a month.
Variations and Substitutions
This recipe is wonderfully versatile!
- Meat Variations: Try using ground turkey or Italian sausage for a different flavor.
- Cheese Substitutions: Swap Velveeta with cream cheese for a smoother texture, or use different cheese blends.
- Vegetarian Option: Replace meat with grilled vegetables or a meat substitute.
- Dough Alternatives: Use homemade pizza dough or puff pastry for a different twist.
My name is Natasha and I am the owner of nodashofgluten.com, a blog dedicated to all kinds of recipes. On my website, you can find classic dishes, vegetarian delights, creative snacks, Gluten-free recipes, and desserts – all proving that cooking isn’t as hard as it seems! With easy-to-follow instructions and tips on how to make your meals even better, I strive to help everyone become master chefs in their own kitchen. Come join me at nodashofgluten.com for some delicious fun!