Maurice Lenell Pinwheel Cookies are simple to prepare! The crispy sweet layer on the outside and the well-balanced chocolate/vanilla taste on the inside is something that will take you back to your childhood. These gluten-free, vegan cookies taste just like Maurice Lenell’s!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 1/2 tablespoons water for flax “egg”
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal for flax “egg”
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp plant milk oat, hemp, cashew, almond, soy, etc.
- 1 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- Decorating sugar (optional)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add 2 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix them well.
- In another bowl, place 1 1/2 tbsp of flaxseed meal. Then, add 4 1/2 tbsp water. Combine them well using an electric beater for preparing flax “egg.”
- After that, put 1 1/2 cup vegan butter, 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract into the wet ingredients. Now beat the mixture with the electric beater until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Then, add gluten-free all-purpose flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients well to make a dough using your hands or a dough maker.
- Then, Separate the dough into two equal parts. After that, add cacao powder to one half of the dough. In the other half of the dough, use milk from plants.
- Now, mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- When all of the ingredients in each dough are thoroughly blended, make the two doughs in a rectangular formation and cover them with cling film.
- Now, place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When done, carefully remove the cling wraps and roll the two doughs in 2 parchment papers.
- Now, remove the parchment paper and carefully place the chocolate dough on top of the white dough.
- At this time, take a piece of parchment paper, apply some vegan butter onto it, and then put the dough on the parchment paper and use your hands to form it into pinwheel shape logs.
- You can cover the edges with decorating sugar.
- Again, remove the parchment paper and wrap the dough log in cling wrap. Refrigerate it for another 30 minutes.
- Now, set the oven for preheating to 350 degrees F.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper and take out the dough from the freezer.
- Now, cut the dough logs into 1/4-inch pieces and place them on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vanilla section of the Maurice lenell cookies has changed color to a golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow the wire rack to be cool.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time, 10 Minutes Resting Time, 1 Hour Refrigeration Time, 1 Hour 20 Minutes Total Time
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 242
- Sodium: 148mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: Gluten free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Pinwheel Cookies, Cookies, Dessert