Never choose between cake or cookies again. These cookies are like if a chocolate chip cookie and a piece of funfetti cake had a baby and that baby took over the world. They’re that good. Perfect for the holidays, birthdays, special occasions, or just because!
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free yellow or vanilla boxed cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (to make these festive, opt for red and green sprinkles!)
- In a large bowl, mix together your flour, cake mix, salt, and baking soda. You can set this mix aside for now.
- Using a mixer, soften the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg into the sugar and butter and mix well.
- Add in the vanilla and continue to mix on low-medium.
- Add in your flour mixture from the first step and mix on low speed until everything is mixed together well.
- Your final step for mixing is to add in the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Mix on low until everything has been mixed in well together.
- Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerate for approximately 2 hours.
- Once your dough has been chilled, you can preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your cookie sheets with cooking spray, or cover with parchment paper (I typically use foil because I’m from the midwest).
- Scoop rounded balls of dough onto your sheet. I like to make my scoops higher than they are round. Be sure to leave enough space in between your scoops on the baking sheet so as they fall they won’t run into the other cookies.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Allow to cool at least a few minutes before eating every last one.
- These cookies often do get a little crumbly. You could try adding xantham gum to help the cookies form, or you could just enjoy the ooey, gooey, crumbly goodness that are these cookies. The choice is yours.
- For this recipe you’ll need: measuring cups, baking sheets, mixing bowls, mixing spoon, hand mixer, holiday sprinkles, dairy free chocolate chips, gluten free cake mix, and a little holiday joy.
Keywords: Cookies, Dairy Free, Dessert, Holiday, Christmas